Saturday, July 20, 2013

1937

This door was originally our front door, then our bedroom door, and now between the kitchen and utility room.  I have faux stained the glass twice, but wanted something really special.  Cody always playfully jokes that I try to make a 30 models home a 2013 home.

I really don't have a specific style....I love modern, traditional, rustic, elegant.....just a hodgepodge of this and that.

There are of course various things that drive me nuts about my house, such as two different hardwood floors in the master, but Cody's Aunt Barbara recently told me "That's what tells the stories about your home and makes it neat!"  I had never thought of it like that, but have since changed my thinking and decided to embrace my 30 model home with all of it's quirks.  I do love older homes anyway.  This gave me the thought for something special on my door...the year my home was built.


My treasured door knob my mother-in-law found for me.

2 comments:

  1. I really like what you have done around your house. I just found your blog and you have a new follower! I love this door. Now I'm off to see more!

    ReplyDelete