Friday, June 17, 2011

Off with the Old and On with the New

I'm tired of playing Catch-up blogging.  It is a lot more fun to me to blog about something you JUST did rather than something a month old.  Even though we have been out of school I have managed to stay behind, but have been busy!  How do I have time to teach Aug-May??????? Beyond me!We opted to relocate Jake to our  Harris land where we keep half of our cattle.  Jake has grown and needed more room to run and graze as well as needed to be around other friends.  It was sad for all of us.

We went to visit him one day this week and to bring him a treat, but he ignored me.  Sad....I'm going to blame it on the wind and the fact that he could hear me calling for him....
During our time of raising Jake I learned that he likes fresh spinach, salad, potatoes, apples, bananas, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, and oranges, but he doesn't like tomatoes.  Who knew cattle would eat those things.  He didn't just eat them because he was hungry he loved them.

Lyndon went on a picnic with Memere down at the creek behind their house.  

1 comment:

  1. How funny that Jake would eat all that! My boys would love a picnic like Lyndon got to go on. I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete